Friday, February 19, 2010

Why?

I read this article the other day, and it pissed me off at first, but then I just accepted it I guess.

Most cops are dicks. I know lots of cops personally that are pretty cool people to be around, but that's when they're not being cops. They are just being friends. I'm sure though, that when they go into uniform, they're dicks.

I understand it, I would hate my job if I were a cop too, but the one in the article must have really been having a bad day. Like his dog probably died, his girlfriend broke up wit him, he got demoted for being friends with underage drinkers and he probably got a parking ticket and wasn't in the mood for any smartass bullshit. Not to say that the lady asking "why" was just being a smartass, but you never know, she could have said it in a way to intentionally piss of the cop.

Working in service, I saw it all the time. People just like to think they're better than the person who is supposed to be "serving" them in any way. They think that since the person behind the counter, or in this case, in a uniform, is paid by me, so they should have to take my bullshit whenever I feel like dealing it out.

But that's not how it should be, we all have bad days and have to put up with stuff we don't necessarily feel like putting up with on a given day, however there's no excuse.

My sympathy is on the cop's side here, I don't think he just out of the blue arrested this woman when she asked why she had to move, I don't believe that that was all she said, and I feel bad that the cop is being ridiculed by the newspaper and all, just for doing his job. It is true though, that maybe he could just have let her off with a warning, but he earned his cuffs, along with the authority to use them.

No comments:

Post a Comment