Tuesday, March 23, 2010

"Dude, what the fuck is that for?" Julia took a quick drag of her cigarette and stared at the .35 in my hands that I was loading.

"Just in case."

"Just in case what?" She was yelling at me, "it's not like we want to kill him or anything, why are you bringing that?"

"Just in case Julia. I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it." I made sure the safety was on, stuck the barrel in my belt and six bullets in my back pocket, it was all I had left.

It was my grandfathers Colt Diamondback, he gave it to me on my eighteenth birthday, that was five years ago. I used to carry it everywhere, most of the time not loaded, but I liked having it concealed, seeing where I could take it without being caught, it was a sort of thrill for me. I've only shot it six times, five shots were at other people, one of them was straight up into the air to scare the shit out of some guys that owed me money.

I killed the five people I shot.

"Ted you bring it everywhere, they won't have guns, I know this."

"But there will be nine of them and only two of us,"

"But-" she interrupted,

"And since you've hurt your hip," I interrupted, "I don't want to take any chances of you having to run."

"I still don't think you'll need it." She slid the revolver around to the side of my pants, and covered it with the tail of my flannel shirt. "This is nothing, we'll be fine." She put her hands around my face, a Camel Light still burning between her fingers and kissed me. "Ready?"

"Yeah."

We got in my car and drove to bar where we were meeting a guy who worked at a pharmacy that replaced Oxycontin with placebo pills he made himself and sold the shit he stole. We were buying 100 80mg pills, at fifty a piece. Julia kept the cash in her purse, in those drug dealer stacks, four stacks of 100 100 dollar bills.

When we walked into the bar, we saw him there, sitting in a booth drinking a Gin Gibson. He was sitting alone, but I easily noticed the entourage of Incredible Hulks located a few booths behind him. When Julia and I got close to him, he snapped, and one of his goons walked over with a Halloween candy bag. When he stood up, I quickly saw the twinkle of his gun creep out from behind his leather jacket and attached to his belt. He walked over, set the bag it on the table and walked off.

"Take a seat," He motioned to Julia and me, and we sat in the booth, directly across from him.

No comments:

Post a Comment