Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Today was a nice day.

I'll start out with a picture of the weather- granted that when I thought about why the weather added to the goodness of the day, it was less cloudy, but by the time I was both around my cell phone and outside, it got kinda cloudy outside.



With the image of the weather setting the mood, I've realized that I've been kind of a bad person lately. Bad, not like I go around pillaging and plundering (however, that would make a blog much more interesting)I've just had lots of opportunities to take an emotional step back and look at my life, and I've been a little unhappy with the results from time to time.

For instance, I've become too comfortable with hurting people, emotionally, that is. I have lots of friends that I've done some crappy things to, but in my own defense, this also can be weighed out by who my friends actually are (by the way, that was my second italicized word today, two's enough). Being at Georgia State has exposed me to literally hundreds of people that I've become acquainted with, but having coffee, or a few drinks with someone doesn't by any means make them my friends. Over the years, I've built myself up a nice "friend" portfolio, and I am content with the people in my life that are my regulars. This isn't really going anywhere, and I need to stop it.

Also, back to me being bad. I lie a lot. I lie to people, most of the time for no reason. On Tuesday, I went to get coffee with a girl I met at the bar (TnS Bar in East Atlanta- best thing to happen to me since the bar I was going to before that (Slice, right near Aderhold. Always a good choice)). But instead of telling my friend what I was doing, for some reason, out of the blue, I said I was just going to buy a pack of cigarettes. I couldn't say why, but when I hear the lies come out of my mouth, I think "how ridiculous of me, that wasn't even cool."

I'm really not in the writing mood today.

No comments:

Post a Comment