Monday, January 11, 2010

Blog #1

Even though this will be the third time that Mr. Miller is hearing and/or reading this information about me, here it is:

I am David J. Brown, or sometimes DJ Brown, I was born in Ft. Lauderdale Florida and moved to Atlanta in late '96, I am an Atlantian, loud and proud. I did well in high school, English always being my favorite subject, and also did lots of work with photography. I was the winner of many photo contests around the area, with my work being displayed in numerous places around Atlanta, including Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport, and The High Museum of Art in Atlanta.

I've always liked to write, I was on board with websites like Livejournal and Xanga from the get go, and I have kept personal journals since I had the ability to write. Last November, I participated in NaNoWriMo, where I wrote a novel, upwards of 60,000 words, which is soon to be published.

As far as academic writing goes, I have typically always enjoyed writing essays for my classes, I believe that writing is a skill that many American students don't possess.

In terms of other interests, I like music; I am a fan of Bill Evans, Charlie Parker and Miles Davis, they are probably my top three musicians of all time. Also, I have been a fan of 90's alternative since it was fresh in the 90's.

I like to read, my favorite writers are Charles Bukowski and Kurt Vonnegut. I got into these authors at a young age when my grandfather died and left me his book collection. My favorite book as of today is Sirens of Titan.

I look forward to Mr. Miller's class, I will prove to be a capable student, and add flavor to the class, yadda yadda, and I know that he has to read lots of these, so I'll do my best to keep them interesting and thought provoking.

DB

P.S. I hate semi-colons. I think I only used one in this post, but that may be the last one seen for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment