Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Question of the day

What would you do if this happened in D.C.?

Honestly, I don't think I would do much. Let's face it, if the president were near the area, I'm sure he would be protected at all costs, so nothing too bad would happen to him, but what I would do is kind of irrelevant. Nothing about my daily life really changed when 9/11 happened, other than hassles in airports, and nothing really affected me when Katrina hit, other than making sure my family in that area was okay, but I, personally, didn't really do anything.

I am a college student from a middle class family, I don't have the extra money to buy 1,000 gallons of water, or to build a house or anything. The most I would do if a catastrophic earthquake hit Washington D.C. would be to text "whatever" to "whatever phone number" and donate the ten dollars, just as I did for Haiti. It's really all I can afford, and it doesn't take any time away from me that I can't earn back, so it's something completely plausible that I could do, and it's probably all I would do if an earthquake were to hit Washington D.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment